Vision of Department
Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering department shall strive to act as a podium for the development and transfer of technical competence in academics, entrepreneurship and research in the field of Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering to meet the changing need of society.
- To provide modular programmes from skill development to the research level
- To impart Education and training in innovative state-of-the-art technology in the field of Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering.
- To promote Promotion of holistic development among the students
- To provide extension services to rural society, industry professionals, institutions of research and higher learning in the field of Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering.
- To interact with the industry, educational and research organizations, and Alumni in the fields of curriculum development, training and research for sustainable social development and changing needs of society.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO):
The following Programme Educational Objectives are designed based on the department mission. The graduates of Electrical Engineering should be able to demonstrate
- skill in professional / academic career using the knowledge of mathematical, scientific and engineering principles.
- expertise in solving real life problems, designing innovative products and systems that are techno-economically and socially sustainable.
- sustained learning and adaptation to modern engineering tools, techniques and practices through instruction, group activity and self-study
- Leadership and team work while working with diverse multidisciplinary / interdisciplinary groups.
- professional ethics and commitment organizational goals
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO):
Electrical Engineering Graduates of the Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Deemed University, Longowal will have ability to:
- apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles to solve complex Electrical engineering research and industrial problems.
- identify, formulate and analyse the research and real life problems using principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering.
- design solutions for electrical engineering problems or processes that meet the specified needs of public health, safety, cultural, societal, environmental considerations etc.
- use scientific and technical knowledge for design and analysis of experiments
- create, select, and apply recent techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools for modelling engineering system
- think logically, analytically and apply reasoning in the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal cultural issues etc.
- understand the environmental and societal issues and suggest sustainable solutions.
- commit to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- function as effective member individually as well as team leader in multidisciplinary and diverse teams.
- communicate and present technical knowledge effectively in oral and written forms.
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of project engineering and management
- recognize the need and prepare for lifelong learning.